NEXT STEPS: OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED
The Journey Deepens Retreat:
- Friday and Saturday, November 18-19 at Highlands Community Church, Renton, WA
- Friday 6:30 pm – Pick up name tag and notebooks / 7:00 pm First Session begins / Dismiss at 10:00 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am for a Continental Breakfast / 8:00 am First Session begins / Dismiss at 9:00 pm.
Lunch and dinner will be provided
- Registration is $25 (covers the notebook, meals and snacks)
What to Expect
- The Journey Deepens retreats are designed to help you go deeper in your exploration of missions. What’s it like being a missionary? Is being a missionary or a sender God’s fit for you? The large group teaching sessions, small group interactions, times of personal reflection, talking with mission agency representatives … all of these open a door of opportunity to discuss with other participants and seasoned missionary coaches your deeper questions and passions about missions!
- The Journey Deepens retreats are designed to deal with your particular questions about moving into a missions-related ministry role. The uniqueness and strength of these weekends is having direct contact with coaches who have served cross-culturally and are there to interact with you and answer your questions.The Journey Deepens retreats are designed for a wide range of ages: Post high school, 20’s and 30’s, mid-life adults and retirees. This age mix enriches the experience by providing the inter-generational perspective on similar questions but different life-stage applications.
- Participants and coaches are placed into small groups and meet several times throughout the weekend, allowing for more in-depth conversation and an opportunity to deal with issues of interest to each participant.
Some of the subjects that will be covered in the large group sessions, small groups and one-on-one time with the missionaries are:
I feel God calling me. What should I do next?
Which of my gifts and interests could I use in another culture?
What’s involved in raising prayer and financial support?
How do I discuss missions with my family and my church?
If God leads me to stay and send others what would that involve?
Register online at: www.journeydeepens.org. We hope to see you November 18 & 19!
Here are some ways you can bring God’s love to the nations, both locally and across the globe.
God has brought the nations right around us! Renton and Kent are rated as some of the most ethnically diverse communities in the United States. Here are some opportunities to serve locally:
Spend time getting to know a sojourner.
Take them out to lunch, coffee, etc…
Serve a sojourner through a local ministry.
Union Gospel Mission l World Relief l REACH
For more information contact:
Patrick & Hannah Sundaresan
Short-term mission trips:
Experience first hand the mutually transforming opportunity of serving with our mission partners. You’ll have the chance to join in ministry with them as well as explore your own gifts and calling in ministry. For more information on upcoming short term trips, click here.
Pray for and/or financially support our mission partners.
Go to our missionary page and find a missionary you would like to learn more about. Contact that missionary to get their updates and prayer requests.