LIGHT UP THE DARKNESS 2020
Beginning now through December 13, we're inviting everyone at Highlands to "Light Up the Darkness" through simple acts of compassion and kindness. This year we're inviting people to do this together with others. Here's how it works:
1) Choose a project you can be part of, or person to bless [talk about it as a small group, as a family, with a friend, etc.] We have a number of ideas listed below as a starting point but you are free to come up with something different!
2) Capture photos or videos (so we can share those on Christmas Eve!) and tell us about what happened in a sentence or two using the button below (remember, we need your submission by December 13!)
TELL US ABOUT YOUR LIGHT UP THE DARKNESS PROJECT
Light Up the Darkness Ideas:
Feel free to use one of these ideas, or come up with your own!
- Adopt a person or family in need: Clean up someone’s yard, do a light construction project, bring a meal(s), buy some groceries, etc.
- Clean up neighborhood streets of trash and debris
- Take cookies to Fire Stations or Police Stations
- Sponsor everyone’s laundry costs at the laundromat for a certain time period
- REACH Center of Hope in Renton is in need of canned/dry food; cleaning supplies; and hygiene items
- Contact Pattie Holt: Pattie@reachrenton.org | 425-321-8327
- Drop off items at: Highlands Community Center (800 Edmonds Ave NE) from 8-5 daily
- Vision House Renton Virtual giving campaigns
- Giving Tree – gift cards (gas, groceries, restaurants, coffee, Visa)
- Union Gospel Mission
- Communities in Schools – Renton & Tukwila
- Holiday Gift Card Drive: https://rentontukwila.ciswa.org/event/help-make-a-familys-holiday-bright/
- Deliver weekend groceries: https://rentontukwila.ciswa.org/volunteer/